Monday, September 19, 2011

Water with gas and no kettle... how do you make formula?



Roman and I have now been home for one week.  Before I talk about coming home though I feel like I need to go back in time to where I left off my blogging.  This means that the dates don't mean anything but my tale is shared in sequence. 

So when I left off I was swearing and arrived after midnight at the Hotel Arbat.  I'd like to say that things got better but the truth is that it got worse.  We awoke the next morning both in desperate need of our bottles.  I needed caffeine and Roman needed his formula.  I looked around the room desperately searching for the kettle and water.  No kettle and the water provided by the hotel was a small bottle of water with gas.  It's 6:30am, he is crying for his bottle, I am at a loss on how I could produce it.  In my haze I walked my shin into the bed frame.  That was the proverbial straw... now both Roman and I were crying.  I only indulged in a few weeps as I found something to put on to go in search of hot water.  By the time I got to the lobby it was 7am and the buffet was open.  What a sight we must have been.  Roman red faced and crying in his sleeper and me frazzled, bed headed and sporting track pants, bottle in hand.  A man in a suit says to me in a not so friendly tone... "Room Number" 

Really?  This is the level of service and the room rate is over $300 a night?  Would a "how can I help you" just be too much to expect?  Fine.  Room 417, I need this bottle filled with hot water now and point me to the coffee.  Now I haven't totally lost it, I had no intention of drinking crappy coffee despite these circumstances.  I did make sure I had Roman's formula and my insta starbucks ready.  After we both had our bottles life looked a little better.

   

No comments: