Sunday, September 4, 2011

Dorothy was onto something

My fellow adoptive single mom Stacey (wow that needs a short form) pointed out my red shoes for court.  She also wore red shoes and she like Dorothy clicked her heels and wished for home.  Only to find out she had the power all along.  There may be something to this red shoe good luck charm.  I had them on and like magic the great and powerful Oz granted my request.  In reality, I just really lucked out on getting to see "the Wizard" himself who had the power and the inclination to waive the wait.
So to everyone in the process awaiting court try out the red shoes.  Click your heels and eventually we all get to go home.

"There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home"

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh Heather this is a wonderful thing... Red shoes or black boots... heels or flats, one by one, our children are coming home :) I am so grateful that Russia honors us single Mama's as capable, loving, worthy families for their children. I put my red shoes and court dress on and feel like a million bucks and know you will walk on air when those same shoes grace your feet. Enjoy every moment today. In the words of fellow Canadian Shania Twain, "from this moment, life has begun, from this moment, you are the one..." google it... you'll get misty :) P.S. Ironically I bought a HOTTTTTT pair of patent red stilettos in Russia and feel a little more than fabulous in them on a rare night out. Buy yourself something FAB while you are there. Can't wait to hear more!