Friday, September 9, 2011

Hotel Volgograd with it's newest guest





Our new life started in this little hotel room.  Very high ceilings, beautiful big window but not all that condusive to life with an emerging toddler.  It is impossible to baby proof so we are limited to playing on the bed, hanging in the crib and strolling the hallways.  We had one precious day of sunshine and spent hours at the park by the river, which was just so incredible.  The pics are on my iphone which currently refuses to synch with my laptop so I will need to post them when I get home but that afternoon was a highlight of this whole experience.  For the first time in his little life Roman got to play in the sand, swing on a swing set, roam freely in the sunshine with his mama.  No one watching, no rules, no time limit, pure FREEDOM. 

The majority of our time though for the three days at this hotel was spent in our little room.  I tried my best to keep his schedule but is very difficult with the errands and meetings that have to happen so we can leave.  Roman has been a trooper.  He amazes me every moment and I have enormous respect for his little being.  No fear, such trust, open to all the newness and doing the best that he can to adjust.  Sleep has been challenging for him but we've learned through trial and error what works.  Sometimes I let him cry it out and hide in the bathroom for the 5-7 mins it takes for him to settle.  Sometimes I stay in the room and sing to him while he lounges in the crib.  Sometimes we nap in the big bed.  We dine in most of the time but have ventured out to the cafe a few times so mama can have a cappuchino but he doesn't like to be still so it's a quick trip and all food is "to go".  I have a bottle/baby food jar warmer in the room and a kettle for my coffee so we can stay in most of the time.

I savour every moment with him, knowing that these are the moments we are truly becoming mama and son. 

Paka!

No comments: