Sunday, September 4, 2011

Last Solo Dinner




I had a dinner date all lined up for tonight with the Amerixcan couple who I met yesterday.  The idea of going out for a nice dinner with people and people that spoke english was very very exciting.  I have mastered the dining solo experience after eights days but nonetheless a change was welcome.

We were to meet at 8pm in the hotel lobby but they called at 7:30pm and had to cancel.  They were just too tired and stressed to venture out.  I completely understand how exhausting travel and court stress is so I get it but I was still a little bummed out for myself.  What to do?  Another night of assembled fridge sandwich, cheap champagne, skype, fb and the first season of "Parenthood"? Tempting to fall back on what has been my evening ritual but tonight is special.  This is the last night before my hotel as well as the rest of my life changes radically.  I told myself to put on something nicer then leggings, take your iphone for company and hit the town.  So I did.  I went to the restaurant we had planned to go to that I know from our first trip is delicious and has free WiFi.

I ordered wine and beef strongenoff and savoured it.  I had a cappuchino and dessert and throughly enjoyed my own company.... well... not exactly alone.... I called my parents on Wifi and used the iphone to show them around so we felt like we were dining together.  Thank goodness for wifi.  I would lose my mind if I couldn't share my moments with the people I love, even if it's through cyber space.

I safely navigated back to the hotel, stuffed with food and feeling fine for a well last night as a single gal

Paka!
xoxox
 

No comments: