Thursday, June 23, 2011

Until we meet again



Monday June 21st

Our last visit with Baby Bird for this trip.  It was bittersweet.  Our last playtime was filled with snuggles, joy, and laughter.  Baby Bird was his usual charming, sweet, active self and to him it was just another fun playtime with his new friends.  For us we knew that each moment was precious as the clocked ticked away. 

Each step back to his room is embedded in my memory.  I kept my heart open and warm and found strength to put one foot ahead of the other.  I kept repeating to myself that I will leave the memory of joy and not heartbreak.  I know at my core that he will be just fine in my absense, we will be with him in spirit every moment we are apart.  In his little world, life will go on as it did before.  He is loved by his caregivers and thriving in their care.  This will not change in my absence.  I had to fully surrender and have unconditional trust in the most challenge moment in my life. I felt a piece of my heart go with him as he left my arms and was embraced by another.  I did not shed a tear as long as he could see my face.  When his little back was to me there was no stopping a few from falling.  His favourite caregiver tried to soothe me with her kind voice.  She promised that they would love him, care for him and that I will be back soon.  They will celebrate his birthday and he can keep the little stuffed cat by his side until I return.

Until me meet again my perfect sweet little bird.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Heather,

You and I have never met -- it was your Sister who introduced me to your blog -- but from reading your writings it's clear to me you are a most kind, wonderful and caring person. That being said, it's without hesitation to say I have a deep feeling this child really hit the jackpot when you chose him.

I sincerely hope everything works out for you and him. The world could really use more people as loving as you are, Heather.

Peace and pleasant dreams,
Dale Percy

Silvana said...

Oh Heather, I remember my good bye day on trip 1. You handled it so much better than I did. I cried so much I literally choked on my own saliva!!! Really it was awful.....and totally embarassing. I kept telling myself, the sooner I leave the sooner I can be back to get you.... Good luck, keep really busy in the next little while, and before you know it, you will be packing little man clothes in a suitcase. thinking of you!

CanadaHarry said...

We miss our 2 birds too. Look forward to your return to the nests.
Dad bird.

Lisa said...

Heather, this brought more than a couple tears to my eyes reading it (guess I shouldn't be reading your blog at work, though at least here people understand, haha). I'm so happy for you and R, I can see the love in the pictures you've posted. I'm so excited that you'll be bringing your baby bird home soon! <3

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, my name is Kim and I work at Rattle and Stroll, a baby store in Burlington. We met just a short time before you were going to Russia to meet your baby bird. I was so excited to see your story on the front page of the Burlington Post and I've just taken some time to read all about your journey of adoption on your blog. What a long, but wonderful experience you are going through. I hope to be able to come to your fundraiser on Aug. 6th. I'll continue to read your blog as you await that special date that you will be able to bring back your little guy to his new home. He is a very lucky little boy. Please come by the store we'd love to meet him and I also have a boy, he is 2 and a half and I would love to give you some clothes, toys and anything else that you need. I get so much from friends and family. All the best and I wish you all the happiness.
Thinking of you!
Kim (kfarrier@cogeco.ca)