Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Light Reading

Подготовка к путешествию  
Translation:  Travel preparations

Cat and I are preparing for the big trip.  On Sunday this included a trip to Chapters and a light reading session out in the garden.  Thanks Holly for all the baby books.  My baby bird is 9 months old so I have been reading all about this amazing stage in his life.  Mom has bought some great little treasures to share with him and Holly has given me some perfect packable playthings.  





Cat is trying to master a few phrases before we leave. So far she is saying them with a french accent but it's evolving to something more Eastern European.  We will have a translator for much of our travel but will need  to navigate through the Vienna Airport and Moscow Airport on our own for the trip to Russia and Frankfurt Airport on the way back.  We have detailed instructions and our trusty phrase book so how hard could it be.... right?... ha ha

Meredith seems to have the best grasp of  Russian pronunciation and was demonstrating her advanced skills here.  I am hoping to neither be told nor have to use this particular phase she has chosen :)




I am working 12 hours a day this week so there's little time for packing and to do lists until Friday.  However, I have a packing station started and many many helpful tips and insights from my adoptive parent friends, who are kindly sharing their wisdom.

Dad is on technical duty and has ensured that we have electricity converters, chargers, batteries and cases for our high tech packages to document our journey and share it through cyberspace.

On my next post I will write about our travel itinerary,  We are expecting our travel visa tomorrow so fingers crossed for on time Fed Ex delivery.

до свидания  do svidaniya
(bye)

Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just 2 more sleeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!