Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bithday Goodie Bag


Baby Bird's birthday will be be while I am away so I have been shopping for birthday treats to leave for him at the orphanage.  The goodie bag is filled with toys, candies for the party, a first birthday card in Russian and a letter from mama.  I thought it was complete but in a little shop where we stop to pick up diapers en route to the orphanage I found an unexpected addition.  Along with the food items on the shelves, we spotted a  bright blue cheshire cat stuffed toy that seemed to want to join the party bag.  Just like Baby Bird this little guy was snuggle soft, smiling, playful and full of joy.  I picked him up off the shelf and a lady at the store came over and gave him a squeeze.  A sweet little song came from the toy.  It was in russian so we had no idea what the words were but the melody was sweet. 

When we arrived at the orphanage, I asked our translator to listen to the little cat and tell us what he said.  She said it was a poem.  These are the words

I am lying on the grass and have one hundred dreams in my head
If you lie together with me , we have two hundred dreams


No comments: