Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Blogging from my perch




I am a bird in a perch
It's 4:30am and I am in the hotel room sitting on the giant window sill.  It is large enough for me sit crosslegged with the window open.  It looks over the park and the birds are all waking up.  The sky is starting to lighten and the chorus is growing.  I tried my best to sleep but it just would not come to me so here I sit perched on the sill waiting for the day to begin.  The birds are my companions, so perfect that they are the one's to greet me on this day.  I am not by nature a morning person but on this early morning, I am grateful for their company.  Up to  this moment I have felt mostly like a tourist exploring a new country.  Until today we have been focused on the travel.  Boarding planes, checking into hotels, finding meals, changing currency and following the travel itinerary.  Today is the shift to the real reason we are here.  We are here to meet the little boy that could be my baby. 

In a few hours, we will meet Michael the lawyer and Titianna our translator in the lobby. We will be taken to the Ministry of Education to receive the official referral then go directly to the orphanage to meet with the director and the orphanage doctor.  They will answer all my questions as best they can then I will meet the baby.  I will finally see his little face and hold him in my arms.  The moment I have tried to envision for many years is difficult to wrap my head and heart around at this moment.  The wait is soon to be a thing of the past.  The fantasy becomes reality.  I have done all the paperwork to get me here, followed all the processes, planned every detail that can be planned.  Now I step in... let the Universe be the guide, trust in what will be, let go of the past and meet my future.  I bring with me a full heart and energy of all my angels who have been with me every step of the journey.  The sun is rising on this day and I am ready for this long awaited moment.

  

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so happy for you! Loving the blog updates, just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you and sending you whatever good vibes the universe has to offer!

Silvana said...

Heather I have butterflies thinking about you on this journey!! I am so excited for you...take it all in. Ask a million questions. Good luck in meeting little man. If only he knew the lengths you have gone through to meet him. Can't wait to read the updates!! Silvana p.s. how was the domestic flight?

Melissa said...

Heather I am soooooooooooooo excited for you!!!!! Getting to meet your little man today is so big and he will win over all the love in your heart I a sure! Good luck with the interpretors and all the paperwork stuff...laugh when things get lost in translation and like you said, let the universe take you through the process. I'm sending all my good karma your way!

Kate said...

Heather,
Beautiful blog this morning. Enjoy every moment of this day. I am thinking of you and sending good energy your way. Today is the first day of your life with Roman. Congrats :)

I got word I will be leaving in the next 2 weeks. It is funny that we wait so long and follow endless paper trails and dream so much about the moment when we will meet our babies but now that it is getting closer it almost feels too much to take in.

Can't wait to hear about your first day with your baby bird

Kate

CanadaHarry said...

Sandy and I are so excited! We talked with our two daughters a few minutes ago and they Skyped us and we got to see the very first minutes of contact with my grandson. Beautiful baby, beautiful pictures and video. A dream come true for Heather and for us too. Our very first grandchild. And such a perfect one it appears. Amazing what the universe can provide when we focus on a goal and apply ourselves. Congrats dear Heather. Love you. Dad & Mom.