Sunday, June 26, 2011

Home Sweet Home



Friday June 24, 2011

Today was the journey back to Canada.  We had the opportunity to see our adoptive friends in Moscow coming home with their daughter right before we departed.  It was wonderful to see a family bringing their daughter home, to see what lay ahead.  It was rewarding to see the end of the journey but hard to comprehend that Baby Bird's gotcha day may be 12 weeks away.  I wish I could just stay here and sit outside the judge's door until they let me take him home.  I know though that the process will happen in it's own time, that I need to focus on doing my part and let the process unfold.  Resistance will just create more strain so once again it's time to take a breath and step forward.  This time it's to come back home carrying Baby Bird in our hearts.  To share our stories, brag about his perfection, be held by our memories and prepare for the next trip.

Paka
xoxoxxo

No comments: