Monday, October 3, 2011

The face that changed my world

Here comes trouble
We've been home 21 days and every day I think that I need to update this blog but then this little face takes priority over mama's rants.
How do I summarize the last 21 days?  I think the technical term for this period is "transition".  The words that come to mind for this new mama are...................
  • Intense... the experiences are all set to high.  My little man takes in his world with such verbosity it makes mama lion seem almost subdued.  
  • Emotional........ roller coasters of emotions.  Love, frustration, laughter, tears 
  • Exhausting.... I don't know if I have gotten over the jet lag and at this point I think it has just become a part of me.  Roman's sleep schedule is as unpredictable as it gets.  Some nights he goes 10 hours straight and some nights he's up every few hours.  Actually the one night he slept 10 hours straight I woke up in a panic and ran to him concerned that he may not be breathing. 
  • Growth.......... Mainly his but mama is learning some big life lessons along the way.  He has gone from purees to solids and from a drunk sailor walk/crash to confident and oh so joyous walking in a matter of weeks.  He has gained almost two pounds and eats more then I do.  He loves food and screams with delight with every meal.
  • Loud.... My little Russian is a full on Leo toddler boy and lives out loud.  He's a drummer, a screamer, a belly laughter and a charmer.
We are learning to navigate our new world together.  Some moments are pure joy and some are epic failures.  My family and friends are my life line and they have embraced this little man with open arms and tolerate me even when I am crankier then him. 

This face has forever changed my world and what a wonderous world it is.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

I can only say that he is ADORABLE!!! He has flourished with all of the love of a true family. Welcome to Canada little one! Your life will never be the same...for both of you. Can't wait to squeeze those cheeks...