Thursday, October 27, 2011

From Baby Bird to Chubby Chicken

I came across pics from the day I brought Roman home and was shocked at the wee little bird looking at the lens.  I really didn't think that he was that small though the doctor told me he was in the bottom fifth percentile for weight.  This is normal for children coming from an orphanage and I knew he would grow but am blown away by how quickly it has happened.  It's amazing what large servings of love, whole milk, fish oil and a lot of snuggles can do.
Six weeks later this is my Baby Bird transformed into a Chubby Chicken.

First day home

Six weeks home- check out the belly :)

and the chubby thighs

and the length of those kissable legs

oh and I had to include this... 

2 comments:

Candice said...

He looks so happy and confident and healthy! Good job mom!!!

Rachel said...

He looks so happy and content - you must be too! Love reading your blog. Thanks for sharing it.