Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fringe Benefits



There have been some unexpected perks that have come with my new life assignment as Mom.
  • Weight loss
    • ten pounds had dropped off me since starting the adoption process.  These ten pounds refused to budge when I consciously tried to shed them but have melted away on my mom mission.
  • Ideal wardrobe 
    • I've always dreamt of a job which would allow me to wear track pants and a hoodie every day.  My wish has been granted by mamahood.  My Fall fashion almost exlusively consists of Campus Crew.  Currently I am sporting a lovely orange pair which is such an it colour for 2011 according to City Line.
  • Haven't plugged in my alarm clock
    • There's no need for this device anymore.  It's Roman's biorythms that tells me when to get up. Chronological time has very little relevance to life with my little Roman.  Good-bye artificial digital display.
  • Permission to act like an idiot
    • I`ve always been a clown but now it`s good for Roman`s development so me and my whole family have been delighting in dialing it up a notch and fully being our silly selves.
  • I always have a date
    • No more solo dinners.  Actually no more dinners at all but I always have a plus one wherever I go.  We go to all the hot spots together... indoor playgrounds, parks, grocery stores, friends houses.
  • New home designer
    • I used to watch HGTV and checked in with my favourite shabby chic blogs but now there's only one question when it comes to design choice.  Is it soft enough that he will not injury himself when he falls on it?  So far we have replaced the cool log coffee table with a round soft ottoman, the grasscloth rug with a soft berber with stainguard and installed several shelves and hooks to hide most of what we own that isn't edible.
   

    No comments: