Monday, October 10, 2011

Giving Thanks this Thanksgiving

Gratitude is effortless this Thanksgiving.

What am I thankful for?
I give thanks for my son and the entirety of his being. I am grateful for every strand of his blonde locks, all four of his teeth, the crinkle between his nose when he smiles. I am grateful for every moment we have spent together. For every snuggle, every poopy diaper, every mealtime, every giggle and each and every spectacular smile.

I am grateful for the opportunity to grow and the intensity of this experience.

I am thankful for my family both by blood and by choice. I am thankful that sometimes you can choose your family and grateful for the choices the Universe has sent me.
I am thankful to Russia. She is magic.
I give thanks for the bounty of the harvest and the perfection of a honeycrisp apple,
I am thankful for the opportunity to share my story and for media that still wants to share good news.

I appreciate the adversity that creates character but am so thankful for the break in this moment. The abundance this Thanksgiving makes my gratitude effortless and for that I am grateful.

No comments: