Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wine-ing for a good cause

Some people sell chocolate almonds to raise funds. I thought I would do a bootleg wine fundraising project instead. I like an element of danger in all my en devours. what can I say? I am a wild mama chick.
A person is not legally allowed to sell wine unless that person is the LCBO but I have purchased two batches of wine from a "brew your own" wine store and will be giving it away to generous people who make donations. The suggested donation in $10 a bottle or two for $20.

I have been really looking forward to making the custom labels for the wine but the format needed to be a jpeg and being totally incompetent with Photoshop, I was a bit stumped. In case any of you find yourself in this situation I will let you in on the secret. You can use MS Publisher to create the label then convert it to an Adobe pdf then export the pdf as an image, specifically a jpeg.

After I figured that out , I got a little carried away with the designs. I created six of them and I only need two. I may have to brew more wine, narrow down the options or see if my wine guy will do an assortment of labels.

Here's what I came up with. Please help me and leave a comment telling me which one you would like to see in your wine cellar. Oh, and if you'd like a bottle and am local to me (international shipping of liquor is too living on the edge even for me) please let me know and I will reserve them for you. I am doing one batch of italian red and one of white (Pinot Grigio)

Cheers my friends!

Bird in the Nest Blend
Cheek to Cheek Blend


Pillar Pinot









1 comment:

Holly Simmons said...

My vote is for the House White, picture with the horses. Looks wild, wet, and exciting! -- Wait a minute, that sounds really racy. Hope you don't start getting hits from people looking for half naked people! ;)