Thursday, July 21, 2011

Boing!

Posted by Picasa

Is that the sound that a bouncy ball makes?  The Bounce Back Book by Karen Salmansohn came to me in a time when I really didn't feel so bouncy.  If I was a ball at this time I would have been one of those really heavy medicine balls that you use at the gym to build muscle.  If you dropped me I would have fallen with a sad sounding thud and remained on the floor until someone picked me up again. Deflated by break-up, I was in need of an injection of oxygen.  Once I started keeping this book by my side, along with other bounce inducing activities like giggling with girlfriends and moving forward with finding motherhood, I started to get my bounce back.

I sent the author a fan note to say thanks.  I wanted to let her know that her words have helped me through a very painful relationship breakup and a trip with my sister to the other side of the world to meet my son.  I asked if she might donate a book to the Baby Bird Fundraiser.  Again, the Universe has delivered in a way far grander then I dared to dream for myself.  Karen wrote me back to say that she would be delighted to donate a WHOLE BUNCH of Bounce Back books for the auction and she wished to send me a gift for Baby Bird.  A gift from the world famous, NYC living, inspirational, super successful and so incredibly awesome Karen Salmanohn.  I know I am gushing but I can't help myself.  She invited me to meet up in NYC when Baby Bird is home so our boys can hang out.  This is a woman who writes for Oprah.com, published 29 books and has been reviewed by Deepak Chopra, Madonna and Eminem and is chatting with moi.  

It's amazing to me what can be created when you let yourself be guided by bounciness and away from fear.   Whether you believe it's the power of attraction, tapping into the Source, flowing with the Universe, listening to your Inner Knowing, manifesting your Reality, or whatever else makes you wanna bounce.  What you call it doesn't matter but what calling for it does.

I've love to keep writing but I gotta bounce.

xoxox
Heather