Thursday, July 7, 2011

Don't Worry Be Happy

Today I am inspired to share some wisdom shared by two sources.  My Daily Om and Be Happy Dammit Goddess Karen Salmasohn.  Both gurus with the same message but alternate energies.  Karen's words on the pursuit of happiness always leaves me feeling charged up, giggly and sassy. To me she is like the Sex and the City of self help.  Hot, inspired, fabulous and kick ass in all that she shares.  The Daily Om feels more like taking a deep breath on a meditation cushion with birdies chirping in the forest.  Some days I need them both to fire me up and chill me out.  Today was one of those days.

 I am by nature, a bit of a worry wart.  I am a happy worrier but if I let too many Debbie Downer thoughts, energies, and ideas enter my mind I start generating all kinds of worrisome worlds.  I can go from a state of gratitude and grace to stress and sleeplessness when I make the choice to reside in a world of worry.  I needed this reminder today and so I am sharing it with you.

Wishing you white light on your paths and hope-ness in your day!
xoxo








Daily OM

July 7, 2011
A Self-Created State
Worry
Worry is an extension of fear and can also set you up for attracting that which you don’t want in your life.


We have all had the experience of worrying about something at some point in our lives. Some of us have a habitual tendency to worry, and all of us have known someone who is a chronic worrier. Worry is an extension of fear and can be a very draining experience. In order for worry to exist, we have to imagine that something bad might happen. What we are worrying about has not happened yet, however, so this bad thing is by definition a fantasy. Understood this way, worry is a self-created state of needless fear. Still, most of us worry.

One reason we worry is because we feel like we’re not in control. For example, you might worry about your loved ones driving home in bad weather. There is nothing you can do to guarantee their safe passage, but you worry until you find out they have reached their destination unharmed. In this instance, worry is an attempt to feel useful and in control. However, worrying does nothing to ensure a positive outcome and it has an unpleasant effect on your body, mind, and spirit. The good news is that there are ways to transform this kind of worry so that it has a healing effect. Just as worry uses the imagination, so does the antidote to worry. Next time you find that you are worrying, imagine the best result instead of anticipating the worst outcome. Visualize your loved ones’ path bathed in white light and clearly see in your mind’s eye their safe arrival. Imagine angels or guides watching over them as they make their way home. Generate peace and well-being instead of nervousness and unease within yourself. 

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Great words of wisdom...I can completely relate to the worrying!!!!

I listen sometimes to a couple podcasts (free from Itunes) which I find enlightening and which you may be interested in...

Everything is Energy
Finding You in the Goo
Life Habits
Relaxation by Inner Health Studio

Anonymous said...

I send you beautiful white light this week-end!!!
Have a great week-end. Love you Mama bird from the Gramma Bird.....Bushka

Anonymous said...

How did you know I needed to read this today:-)
Thanks for sharing!
Alie