Monday, July 18, 2011

Just because

gate to the orphanage- Diaper Drive destination



I opened up my  Diaper Drive pay pal account and to my surprise and delight, in with a few event ticket purchases which I am very grateful to see, were other cash donations.  Not for tickets but just because....

I was completely unprepared for these kind and generous cash donations.
These lovely people were't bidding on a silent auction item, no tax receipt, no raffle, not even a bottle of wine.

My little fundraising team and I have been busy coming up with games, raffles, events, auctions and party planning for raising funds.  We are marketers and promoters by trade.... spontaneous acts of cash kindness did not make the fundraising brainstorming list of ideas.

I think we forgot the power of giving for the sake of giving.

It never occurred to me that a woman from work, a friend of my parents, my dog trainer, an old friend that moved away, a Nia sister or a neighbour I have never met in person would donate to the funds.... just because.

Just because they wanted to help.  Just because they wanted to buy some diapers for those little orphan baby bums. Just because they wanted to share and support the diaper drive but couldn't make it to the event.  Just because they wanted to support me on this journey.

Whatever the reasons, I am humbled by the gesture.  Thank you

xoxo
Heather

1 comment:

Holly Simmons said...

"Just Because" is the best reason of all. It's because they love you.