Tuesday, August 16, 2011

the Russians called with my court date

Now boarding

The confirmation of my court date call came this afternoon. It is official!
My court date is September 2nd... I will be leaving for Russia in 13 days.
My boss has been notified, my parental leave requested and my flights are booked.

Nine and a half weeks between coming home from trip one and leaving for trip two. It's the fastest time between trips that I have ever heard of. I am so incredibly blessed to be going back in less then the predicted 12weeks. I have said many times that my gut told me it would be 10 weeks and you know what they say about that instinct, it's usually right and this time my tummy talk was right on.

I depart Toronto on Sept 29th, arrive in region on August 31st and be reunited with Baby Bird on September 1st. Court is September 2nd and unless the ten day wait period is waived, which is highly unusual, my gotcha day is Sept13th and Baby Bird and I will leave for Moscow Sept 15th then home to Canada Sept 20th

The packing lists have begun, his room is being prepared and our family is all a flutter with excitement. We are also working on making the final arrangements for the diaper donation and delivery to the orphanage to happen a few days after I arrive.

Mama is coming for you Baby Bird, just 14 more sleeps until we meet again.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Congratulations!!!

The Volgograd team is THE BEST!

Graintad said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather,

Reading this latest post fills me with joy. Yeah, I may be a hard-drinking, two-fisted, love-em-and-leave-em s.o.b., but that don't mean I can't appreciate a true love story -- which is exactly what this is. I honestly can't remember when I've read something so heartfelt, or honest as this. In those few moments we spent together at your fundraiser, I was so in awe of your dedication to make your dream -- of not only being a mother, but also giving this boy a better life -- it really threw me.

A lot of people have told me I would be a great Dad, mostly because I'm a big kid myself, but I can honestly say that if would be HALF the Dad as I know you would be a Mom ... that would be one great kid.

You'll get him yet, peace and pleasant dreams until then Heather.

Dale

Trisha said...

So wonderful that your wait was quick. 6 months for us. UGH. Enjoy every moment of your time in Russia, it goes by so fast.