Thursday, August 11, 2011

Birthday Wishes do Come True



I got a call this afternoon from the head of my adoption agency.  She usually calls with the big stuff..... life changing and at the very least going to involve paper chasing, overnight couriering and a strong beverage.  When I saw her name on my call display I thought it was one of two things... it could be a birthday miracle and she's calling with my court date a week before we had expected to hear about it or the judge wants a new or revised document.  But it's my birthday and everyone know that the Universe tries to roll out the red carpet on your birthday.  I got to have an extra shot of vanilla in my coffee this morning, had the fattest, softest delicious muffin for breakfast, a zillion b-day messages, all by 9am so anything is possible on your birthday.

Yes it is and the call was one worthy of a full on happy dance.  She called to say that my court date was "very likely to be on _____ so I need to plan to be back in Russia on ______ so call the travel agency to reserve your tickets but don't pay for them until.... Tuesday (August 16th) when the judge will make the final confirmation.

Stay tuned on Tuesday when I can fill in the blanks... but I can say the date I was told is earlier then I dared to hope. It is a few days prior to what I had as best case scenario  If it's a go then it'll really be a go go go and gone




3 comments:

CanadaHarry said...

Go Birdie, go!

CanadaHarry said...

Go birdie, go!

Anonymous said...

When will you post again ? Been looking forward to this !