Friday, November 4, 2011

From blog title to reality....


Our Baby Bird in a nest of leaves
 My blog title created from my imagination to the reality of this moment when baby bird literally appeared.

I have read and reflected, journalled and discussed for years the concept of bringing dreams into reality.  I have made vision boards, read the books, drummed and danced it out.  I sought the guidance of Mediums and Astrologers and the support of my family and friends.  I took courses, hired professionals to guide me and travelled twice to a foreign country. I have drank a lot of wine and cried on a lot of shoulders in the process.

I also met a lot of new friends along the way and am closer than ever to my old ones.  I recieved the kindness and generiousity of strangers, learned to love my own company and had the opportunity to take the trip of a lifetime with my sister.    I experienced how one door may have to close, sometimes against my will, before the right one opens.  This process renewed my belief that the power of Love can heal everything when you open up to it.

I remember reading that the formula to manifesting your heart's desires was this:
You must clearly ask for it, put it out there in the Universe in a meaningful, genuine way then let it go and trust that it will come to reality.

For me it meant fully committing to my plans to adopt which meant surrendering to the experience, no matter what.  The "what" for me meant the end of a relationship, changing countries and adoption agencies, renting out my house, moving in with my parents to save money and then moving in with my sister to share a household.  I changed cities twice, and went into serious debt while saving up two years worth of vacation in order to travel to the orphanage.  That was challenging but it was the next step that was harder.

Let it go and trust.
Oh man that's the toughie.  The only way for your heart's desires to show up is if you truly believe at your core that it will.  That means battling fear, anxiety, self doubt and my inner critic on a daily basis.  It meant holding onto the belief that love conquers all. 

Dream fulfilled
The moment I met my son, it was done.  Not the journey of course but the completion of the quest to find him. He was so easy to recognize and as promised by the Universe, better than I had dared to dream.

3 comments:

CanadaHarry said...

A plane takes off best AGAINST a wind.

Candice said...

Heather your honesty is such a beautiful and inspiring thing to read. Thank you for sharing this whole journey.

Anonymous said...

are you KIDDING me ?!!?!

oh - do you hear those sirens?
here come the cute police.