Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cupid's Visit




I have always suspected but now I know for sure that friends are the best Valentine's. This is my first man-less love day and it's the first time I have come home to a surprise awaiting me on Valentine's Day. Men in general have an adversion to awknowledging this hallmark holiday and my men have been no exception. I get it, it's a rationally and sociologically sound stance but it also sucks the fun from the frivolous festivities. Girlfriends get it, we love any excuse for treats and things heart shaped. This year I had zero expectations for cupid to visit and just like they say, when you stop looking.... voila... the Universe delivers. This time the cosmos cupid came in the form of my lovely friend Holly. I arrived home and cupid had visited! She delivered flowers.... gerber daisies (my favourite) no less and a little brown box. Doesn't a little brown box make every girl clap and giggle? In the little box was the sweetest little silver babushska love necklace. I've been wearing around my neck, close to my heart (when the birdie is not modelling it for photo shoots) until next Valentine's Day when my little bird will have her little wings around me.
.


No comments: